The North Country Master Gardeners will host a free Kids in the Garden program this summer for ages 5 to 14. The program will be from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Mondays and repeat from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays at the Spooner Agricultural Research Station Display Garden.
Each program will have an educational presentation, activity, nutritious snack and topic-related story read on story boards while walking around the garden. Dates and topics are as follows:
• “Planting Our Garden and Construction of a Bug Condo,” June 11-12.
• “Composting We Go and Magical Hummingbirds,” June 25-26.
• “Looking Down the Wiggly Worms Hole,” July 9-11.
• “Marvelous Monarchs,” July 23-24.
• “Apples, Apples, Apples and Painting Friendship Rocks,” Aug. 6-7.
A parent or other adult is required to stay with children under 10 years of age. In case of rain, the group will meet in the station’s large meeting room. For more information or to pre-register, call 715-635-3506.